MMES is always ready to accept any instruction to determine the condition of any type of vessel whether it is a seagoing vessel or inland barge.
The company has a long track record of vessel inspection and has, amongst others, been instrumental to the development of survey forms for underwriters, shipping companies or shipping associations.
The following condition surveys are part of our service offering:
- Pre Loading Cargo Inspection
- Cargo Hold Inspection
- Cargo Tank Inspection
- Draft Survey for Cargo Quantity
- Bunker ROB Survey
- Quantity Tally Survey
- On/Off Hire General Condition Survey
Insurance, in general, covers damage as a result of an unforeseen and unexpected event. Where P&I insurance is intended to insure a ship owner’s liability to others, Hull & Machinery insurance is mainly to cover the ship as the Owners' primary asset.
Hull & Machinery and P&I become complimentary in the event of collision liability and damage to fixed and floating objects.
Our services in this area include:
- Surveying the nature, root cause and extent of damage
- Assist the insurance company, P&I Clubs and ship owners in coordinating repairs
- Onboard surveys to inspect damaged areas/damage cargo etc.
- With the aids of ship drawings, estimate the possible repair on the vessel structure
- Interview the ship personnel regarding the damage
- Collecting and review the relevant documents from the vessel
- Discuss the repair possibilities in coordination with ship owners’ representative/ RO’s surveyors
- Review of repair costs, invoices and disbursements
- Supervision and monitoring of repairs until completion
- Prepare of final report on the cause
Providing opinion of possible third party responsibility to the cause of incident.